Friday, May 2, 2008

Nachise Blend Agreed Upon

Just last week, late April, we nailed down our first Stronghold red wine - Nachise.

A Rhone style blend crafted from primarily Grenache and Syrah (with hints of Mourvedre and other tasty vittles), this wine should rock the Arizona wine scene. The wine is lush and spicy with all kinds of fruits and a little earthiness to boot.

Like all of our wines, we agreed upon this blend in a blind tasting that pitted several variations on a base them against one another. All the participants in this tasting voted for the wines without knowing what they were - and the blend we chose had nearly unanimous first place votes. While I maintain veto power, I rarely exercise it , believing strongly that our consensus based process makes better wine than dictatorship.

We will put the large scale blend together soon and we're shotting to bottle in July. Keep an eye out for it Sept 1!

Eric

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

great! soo how many people give their opinion on the blend?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic News!

Mr_Kirkwood said...

Will the wine be available for out of state orders?

ARIZONA STRONGHOLD VINEYARDS said...

Two answers:

Tim White, our Assistant Winemaker took the lead roll in putting the blend together. Several people, including myself helped refine the blend.

In 2008, it will likely only be available in AZ...Sorry...

Eric G

Mr_Kirkwood said...

then i wll have to come ot arizona! what are the bootleg laws i.e. how much can be transported?

ARIZONA STRONGHOLD VINEYARDS said...

Carry away as much as you want...

Where do you live?

Eric

Mr_Kirkwood said...

I live in Wyoming. By the way I made it to Europe. I emailed you about going and you suggested some Vineyards. I did not have time to get out of Paris. I did eat some French food and drank some wine. I tried Plain Point, a table wine and was very good and cheap. Thanks for the suggestions I will try and order some of their wines. I am planning a trip to Arizona sometime this summer. I need to use up my Wine Club Tasting Room pass! Thanks again.

p.s. Will you offer up a wine club for ASV?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it out here in Connecticut! I have a WholeFoods Market within minutes of our house and these easterners seem to only drink wine! Good Going!
- Jen & Ruben

Anonymous said...

Will you guys be doing a signing like you did for the TAZI?

Anonymous said...

So how does one go about ordering a case or so for up here in the Northern Brothers in Canada?

Anonymous said...

i had the nachise it is a great wine!!!!! i love how you guys are putting az on the map